About This Course
Data storage is a key component of any enterprise, business or organization. This calls for the presence of qualified and certified individuals who can design, implement and offer innovative storage solutions that help in meeting the overall storage goals of these organizations. Microsoft, one of the leading providers of data storage solutions, in its quest to produce trained and certified storage solution experts, has designed a course for those who wish to obtain this certification and apply their knowledge in a real life situation. The Windows Server 2012 MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) course prepares individuals to pass their exams and obtain a certification as a storage solutions expert. The candidates are expected to pass the MCSE 70-413 Windows Server exams and a subsequent one in order to obtain the certification.
MCSE 70-413 exams are designed to test learners on their skills and knowledge on designing, implementing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 setup in a highly virtualized environment based on SCVMM. SCVMM (Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager) is an integration of virtual machines for running tests. It is the first one of the two exam series that a candidate is required to pass in order to become a certified MCSE. The exam tests your server virtualization, data storage and networking skills, among others. The course prepares the learner to pass these exams and eventually obtain a certification. You have to prove that you understand and can work well with Microsoft systems. This very intensive online based video course covers a number of areas that include IP address management, server virtualization, data storage, networking and back-up recovery. The course has a total of 109 video lectures that run for up to slightly above 10 hours. The trainer uses lab demonstrations and simulations that take you through a systematic approach and it is done one step at a time. The topics are organized in a way that it follows a systemic path that connects one topic to the next one so that the learning flows. The instructor’s goal is to help you understand the main concepts about this course. The course also provides you with practice tests that will help you to know what to expect in the main exam. This prepares you to pass your exams as well as for the application of this knowledge in providing these solutions to businesses.
As a learner, you are required to sit for and pass five exams in order to obtain the MCSE certification. The exams are:
- 71-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 71-411 Administering Windows Server 2012
- 71-412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (this leads to an MCSA Certification)
- 71-413 Designing and Implementing of Server Infrastructure
- 71-414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (MCSE certification obtained here)
Once you sit and pass your exams, you receive a certification that proves that you know and can plan and configure 2012 windows server systems. This certification will open great doors for you to advance your career because you will be an expert in your field.
Skills students develop
At the end of this course, the learner should be able to understand the following:
- Planning and deploying of a server framework
- Designing and implementation of a server infrastructure service
- Designing and implementation of network access services
- Designing and implementation of Virtual Private Networks
- Designing and implementation of a logical and Physical Active Directory infrastructure.
Requirements for this course
To take this course, a learner is required to have the following:
- A Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate(MCSA) certification
Examination paper design
- The examination consists of 51 questions
- 12 case studies
- Single answer multiple-choice
- Multiple answer multiple-choice
- Fill-in the blank
Audience to target
- School leavers who are seeking to obtain an MCSE certification
- Software Architects
- Software Administrators
- Networking Engineers
The Windows Server 2012 MCSE 70-413 course is a popular IT course meant for learners who have a desire to become certified experts in designing, deploying and maintenance of Microsoft server systems. These are people whose goal is to provide innovative solutions to businesses and institutions across the globe.
- IT and Windows Server Administrator
- Systems Architect and Design
- Information Security Analysts
- Data Center Specialists
- Network Systems Administrators
- Cyber Security Analysts
- Technical Support Specialists
MCSE certified professionals have the potential to earn salaries of up to $94,921 per annum.