About Salesforce Certifications
Salesforce certifications are provided by the Salesforce.com, a cloud computing firm based in the US. The role of this credential is to help individuals to showcase their cloud computing skills on the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program. These skills involve setting up and managing cloud-based services for sales, marketing, and other services, and making it possible to manage customers and customer-related activities in one place. Salesforce offers a number of certifications as outlined below:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
This is a professional tasked with customizing and configuring the Salesforce platform while looking for ways to improve the capabilities of the platform. To qualify as a Salesforce administrator, a candidate is required to sit for an exam that has 60 multiple-choice questions. The test takes 110 minutes to complete and has a passing score of 65%. The exam costs $200.
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
To obtain this certification, the candidates need to have the advanced knowledge of working on dashboards, preparing advanced reports, and automating Salesforce processes. The associated exam has 60 multiple-choice questions, lasts 90 minutes and has a passing score of 65%. The cost is $200.
- Salesforce Certified Commerce Cloud Digital Developer
This certification is intended for professionals who want to demonstrate their skills in using the Commerce Cloud Digital platform to provide e-commerce solutions. The associated exam has 60 multiple-choice questions, lasts 110 minutes and has a passing score of 70%. This exam costs $200.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
This exam is for specialists who have proved their skills in building declarative (clicks) and programmatic (code) features on the Salesforce platform. They have to pass an exam that has 60 multiple-choice questions, a completion time of 105 minutes and a passing score of 68%. The exam cost is $200.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
It’s for individuals with advanced knowledge in handling data and using the advanced coding capabilities associated with the force.com program. The associated exam comprises 60 questions, 120 minutes’ completion time and a passing score of 63%. The exam cost is $400.
- Salesforce Certified App Builder
Successful candidates, in this case, have proven their skills in building and designing custom-made applications on the Salesforce platform. The candidates must pass an exam that has 60 multiple-choice questions, 90 minutes completion time and a passing score of 65%. The exam costs $200.
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect
The candidates must have extensive knowledge of the Salesforce functionality and features and how to create a data model and the required sharing mechanisms based on the Salesforce platform. The prerequisites for this certification are:
1. Salesforce Certified Data Architecture and Management Designer credential with 60 multiple-choice exam questions, 105 minutes completion time, and a passing score of 67%, which costs $400.
2. Salesforce certified Sharing and Visibility Designer credential with 60 multiple choice exam questions, 120 minutes for completion, and a passing score of 68$ which costs $400.
3. Salesforce Certified Platform App Developer I
4. Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified System Architect
This certification focuses on system testing and governance, as well as integrating with external structures in an organization’s framework and in-line with the Salesforce infrastructure. The prerequisites are:
1. Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
2. Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
3. Certified Integration and Architecture Designer
4. Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Technical Architect
This credential requires an investment of some significant amount of time and resources and intended for professionals who have proven their intensive technical knowledge and experience, presentation skills, and the ability to provide Salesforce solutions based on the Salesforce infrastructure. To earn it, an individual must be a holder of both Application and Systems Architect credentials and then pass a 4-hour long multiple-choice exam costing $6,000.
Salesforce certification makes you an expert who is marketable, flexible and knowledgeable when it comes to running the customer relations platform. These credentials lead to job roles such as adoption manager, Salesforce Developer, Full-Stack Developer, Business Analyst and Customer Success Consultant.
Salesforce has become an important partner to many businesses around the world. These businesses prefer the experience that comes with adopting a structure that transforms how they interact with their customers and the value that comes with such kind of successful interactions.