This is going to be an eventful fall for VMware, as well as for everyone working towards their VMware certifications, namely the VCA and VCP. You have probably heard about the release of the new VMware Certified Associate 6 (VCA6) and VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP6) exams and certifications. So now VMware has announced the retirement of several older exams and certifications in the coming months. So, if you’ve been planning to take the old versions of exams, get on it NOW!
On September 30, 2015, VMware retires 2 exams:
- VCAC510: VMware Certified Associate – Cloud (VCA-Cloud) Exam and Certification
- VCAW510: VMware Certified Associate – Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM) Exam and Certification
On November 30, 2015, VMware retires the following exams:
- VCAD510: VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV) Exam and Certification
- VCAN610: VMware Certified Associate – Network Virtualization (VCA-NV) Exam and Certification
- VCP510: VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Exam
- Note: You can still earn VCP5-DCV Certification by passing the VCP550 exam. There is no planned retirement date for that exam at this time.
- VCPD510: VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP5-DT) Exam and Certification
- VCP510-DT: VMware View Exam
- VCPC610: VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP6-Cloud) Exam and Certification
- VCPD610: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Desktop (VCP6-DT) Exam and Certification
- VCPN610: VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) Exam and Certification
If you already hold one of the retiring VCP certifications, it will remain as active on your transcript as long as you recertify every two years (see the recertification policy for details). Remember that you do not have to recertify for VCA credentials.