Juniper Updates its Security Troubleshooting Exam in March 2015
CompTIA and Cisco aren’t the only certification providers to revamp their exam offerings. Recently, Juniper Networks has announced some changes, too. In just 2 weeks, on March 15, the Junos Security Troubleshooting exam, JNO-690, will be replaced by the new version: JNO-691. The old exam, JNO-690, will be fully phased out later this spring, on April 30.
Juniper exam JNO-691, Junos Troubleshooting leads to the Juniper Networks Certified Support Professional (JNCSP-SEC) certification. The Juniper exam JNO-691 is a 90-minute written exam containing 65 multiple-choice questions (the current version, the 690, consists of 70 questions), so that’s 5 less queries to find a proper key. According to Juniper, the JNO-691 exam is designed for experienced networking support professionals with intermediate knowledge of the Junos OS.
Juniper has significantly updated the exam objectives (they’re available here below), so if you’ve been studying for the old exam, you need to register and pass the exam before it’s phased out on April 30. To be eligible for the exam, candidates need to hold the JNCIP-ENT credential.
Designed for experienced networking support professionals with intermediate knowledge of the Junos Operating System, this written exam verifies the candidate’s understanding of how to troubleshoot general issues related to Junos devices.
Junos Troubleshooting exam topics are based on the content of the recommended instructor led training courses, as well as the additional resources.
The Junos Troubleshooting exam is the first of two exams required to achieve JNCSP-ENT certification.
Detailed Exam Objectives include:
These are the first and only updates on the Juniper’s new exam available at the moment. Stay tuned for more.
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Analyzing Output from Vulnerability Scanners Part 1
1. Scan Reports (OBJ 1.4) Scan reports. In this lesson we’re going to start looking at some scan reports from our different vulnerability assessment tools. Now these scan reports are going to contain colorcoded vulnerabilities in terms of their criticality. This allows you to very quickly identify what is the most important things that need… Read More »
Cisco CCNA 200-301 – Wireless Networking Fundamentals Part 4
8. Switch Configuration for Wireless – Lab Demo Lecture. You’ll see how to configure a switch to support wireless networks with wireless LAN controller, with a lab demo. I’m going to use packet tracer for this demo, so you can see that I’ve got it open here. I’ve got my switch here in the middle.… Read More »
Cisco CCNA 200-301 – Wireless Networking Fundamentals Part 3
6. Wireless Channels and Radio Frequencies In this lecture you’ll learn about RF, that’s radio frequencies and channels. WiFi services operate in the two 4 frequency spectrum that’s allocated for ism industrial, scientific and medical use. You’ll see more about what that means in a second. Because of this, a radio operator’s license is not… Read More »
Cisco CCNA 200-301 – Wireless Networking Fundamentals Part 2
4. Wireless LAN Controllers and CAPWAP In this lecture, you’ll learn about wireless LAN controllers and the Caplap protocol. In a large campus, configuring a large amount of wireless access points individually quickly becomes unmanageable. You can see in the example campus here, I’ve got my first wireless AP, which is configured with the corporate… Read More »
Cisco CCNA 200-301 – Wireless Networking Fundamentals
1. Introduction You’ll learn about wireless network fundamentals. WiFi networks adhere to the IEEE 800 and 211 standards. You’re going to learn all about the different standards and also the terminology surrounding them, also about the different radio frequencies and channels. The different types of wireless networks that are available are either ad hoc, which… Read More »
Cisco CCNA 200-301 – WAN – Wide Area Networks Part 3
7. PPPoE Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet In this lecture, you’ll learn about PPPoE, the point to point protocol over Ethernet. In earlier lectures in the section, you learned about the different Wan options that a large company or large office would use for their Wan and their Internet connectivity. Less expensive options, which… Read More »