(ISC)² CISSP Exam Gets Major Updates
Have you heard that (ISC)² is changing its most famous certification, the CISSP? Effective April 15, 2015, the CISSP exam will be based on a new exam blueprint. While the full blueprint is available for download from the (ISC)² website, here’s a quick list of topics it will cover:
According to ISC, the CISSP exam is being updated to stay relevant amidst the changes occurring in the information security field. Refreshed technical content has been added to the Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK to reflect the most current topics in the information security industry today. Keep in mind that some topics have been expanded (e.g., asset security, security assessment and testing), while other topics have been realigned under different domains. ISC believes that the new CISSP exam will better reflect the technical and managerial competence required from an experienced information security professional to effectively design, engineer, implement and manage an organization’s information security program within an ever-changing security landscape.
Although the blueprint has gone down from 10 domains to 8, don’t be tricked into thinking that the exam has gotten easier – it’s not. The topics have been rearranged and refreshed, and the amount of information candidates should be proficient with has actually increased, not decreased.
The CISSP exam tests one’s competence in information security and the (ISC)²® common body of knowledge (CBK®), which cover critical topics in security today, including risk management, cloud computing, mobile security, application development security and more. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of paid full-time work experience in 2 of the 10 domains. This vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart. CISSP certification makes holders eligible for job functions like security consultant, security analyst, IT director, Chief Information Security Officer, and many more. CISSP certification is associated with some of the highest salaries in IT industry.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »