Very Soon! IBM Certified Specialist – Storage Technical V1
On July 17, 2017, IBM will release the next great certification. Who knows, maybe this new cert will give you the chance to become a part of IBM community and wear a proud name “IBM Certified Specialist”. To help you achieve this goal, we have developed the detailed instruction “How to become an IBM Professional in 3 steps”.
But first of all, you should get acquainted with this new certification. Let us introduce it – IBM Certified Specialist – Storage Technical V1.
Step 1. What should you know?
The IBM Storage Technical Specialist consults with customers to gather and understand customer requirements and determine the correct solutions.
You should know what resources can be used to develop the solution; have extensive knowledge of the features, industry terminology, functions and benefits of IBM storage solutions and understand competitive offerings used in the enterprise segment.
You can perform the following tasks without assistance:
You can perform the following tasks with assistance:
You should know how to use the following tools and resources: eConfig; IBM PartnerWorld; sizing tools such as Disk Magic, Capacity Magic, and Batch Magic; IBM Comprestimator Utility; Storage Consolidation Evaluation Tool hosted by Alinean; System Storage Interoperability Center (SSIC) and Butterfly Study.
You must have about 12 months of direct technical storage experience, with six months’ experience with IBM designated storage products.
Step 2. Preparation for the exam.
The IBM Certified Specialist – Storage Technical V1 certification requires 1 test – C9020-668. But at first you should prepare for it now to have good results then.
The best education materials can be found at the sites below:
Step 3. The exam.
The IBM Storage Technical V1 (C9020-668) exam is an hour and a half long exam with 60 question assessment.
This exam covers 4 main topics:
The IBM Storage technologies and solutions included in the C9020-668 exam are IBM Flash Storage; Software Defined Storage including the IBM Spectrum Suite; IBM Spectrum Accelerate, IBM Spectrum Control, IBM Spectrum Protect, IBM Spectrum Archive, IBM Spectrum Virtualize and IBM Spectrum Scale; Cloud Object Storage; and IBM tape solutions (TS7700, TS3500, TS4500, TS7760) and technologies (LTO / LTFS).
Following our instruction, you will definitely come to the lucky finish.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »