TIBCO: Overview & New TB0-126 Exam
You may have heard the recent news of TIBCO retiring its Enterprise Message Service™ 7 exam (TB0-125) on May 15, 2014. Its replacement was released 2 days later, on May 16, branded as TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 exam (TB0-126). Before we look into the details of the new exam, let’s have a quick overview of TIBCO and its certification program, since we’ve received a few questions about it recently.
Light on TIBCO
TIBCO is an American software company, based in Palo Alto, California (yes, another one from the Silicon Valley). TIBCO provides software for companies to use on-premises or as part of cloud computing environments to manage information, decisions, processes and applications, and the company’s market capitalization reportedly exceeds $5 billion.
Founded in 1997, TIBCO specializes in infrastructure software that primarily focuses on real-time communication for B2B, B2C and B2E data transfers, including facilitation of communication between otherwise incompatible software. TIBCO’s most popular products are TIBCO ActiveMatrix, TIBCO ActiveSpaces Datagrid, TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service ,TIBCO FTL, TIBCO LogLogic, TIBCO MDM, TIBCO Rendezvous, TIBCO Silver, TIBCO Spotfire, TIBCO tibbr, TIBCO TopLink.
TIBCO Certification Program
TIBCO Certifications validate holders’ competency in design, development, deployment, and administration of TIBCO’s application and infrastructure technologies. TIBCO certification path consists of three levels:
To become TTP, a candidate needs to meet relatively simple requirements:
The next credential, TCP (TIBCO Certified Professional) has a number of corresponding exams:
NEW: TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 Exam
The New TB0-126 exam consists of 64 questions which candidates need to answer within 90 minutes. To pass it, the minimum passing score of 62% has to be reached. TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 exam validates the skills necessary to develop and administer a TIBCO Enterprise Message Service 8 messaging solution of average complexity with minimal supervision or assistance. Successful candidates should be able to identify the key architectural features and the role Enterprise Message Service fills in a messaging solution. Supplied with the required configuration details, a qualified candidate will be able to develop simple Enterprise Message Service applications, manage an Enterprise Message Service installation and understand its capabilities.
TIBCO recommends that candidates have one year of Enterprise Application Integration development experience with solid working knowledge of Windows or Unix, Networking (TCP/IP, Multicast), SSL, JNDI, exposure to Message Oriented Middleware, C, C# or Java coding ability, Oracle JMS Specification 1.1, and general experience with databases.
According to TIBCO official website, TB0-126 exam topics and objectives are as follows (please visit TIBCO official website for details):
As part of exam preparation, TIBCO recommends the following reading and reference resources:
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »