Have you ever considered obtaining a Brocade certification? Even if you haven’t, you might well want it now since Brocade offers a free certification on Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). This includes the exam itself, as well as free training and 60-day free trial of the Brocade vRouter software. The offer is temporary, so keep that in mind and register while it lasts here.
What’s The Story With Brocade Networking?
Brocade is really pushing its virtual routing products – both software and routers. This is definitely worth looking into since Brocade Vyatta vRouters and VCS Fabric technology enable NFV in data centers and support efficient and elastic network architectures that can scale up or down to match current application needs in dynamic workload situations. Obviously, this results in significant reduction in hardware costs for network infrastructure – according to Brocade, these savings can go up as high as 90%. It also allows for better usage of the data center and networking resources. More info about Brocade technology is available here.
So, for now, becoming Brocade Certified vRouter Engineer (BCVRE) is free. This offer also includes a 60-day free trial of the Brocade Vyatta vRouter software plus free online training. Then you take the exam and end up with a Brocade Certified vRouter Engineer (BCVRE) credential.
Once you register for the exam, you will get access to the online course materials and study guides for your exam preparation.
BCVRE Exam Objectives:
Brocade Vyatta vRouter System Operations
- Describe show command system usage
- Identify key CLI operations
- Describe the commit and save processes
- Identify Ethernet operations
- Identify VLAN operations and settings
- Identify bonded interface operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of configuration and operation using show commands
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between Layer 2, IP and TCP/IP
- Identify TCP and UDP differences
- Identify address subnets
DHCP and DNS Troubleshooting
- Describe troubleshooting of DHCP operations
- Describe troubleshooting of DNS forwarding
- Identify uses for routing
- Identify show commands for use with routing
- Identify configuration of different types of static routes
- Describe firewall operations and troubleshooting using show commands
- Describe firewall rulebase operations
- Describe NAT concepts
- Describe the Brocade Vyatta upgrade process
Logging and Packet Captures
- Identify logging options for firewall and NAT operations
- Identify methods to verify operations and troubleshooting
- Describe OSPF show command output
- Describe how to configure OSPF
From what we can see this is a good NFV certification – even if the exam hadn’t been free. There is a lot of potential to this latest Brocade technology, so if you are interested in software defined networking, just go and register for the exam now!
Brocade is a San Jose, CA based technology company that specializes in data and storage networking products. Founded in 1995 and gone public in 1999, Brocade’s product portfolio includes network-attached storage, storage area network (SAN) directors and switches, data center switches, Virtual Cluster Switching, software-defined networking, network virtualization, and more. Brocade’s certification program validate the knowledge and skills in the company’s products, as well as overall understanding of the networking landscape, data and storage concepts and other related fields.