What is Citrix XenApp?
We may hear the name of Citrix XenApp often enough, but does everyone understand what this product is about? Let’s take a closer look at this solution, and on the XepApp-focused certification.
Formerly known as WinFrame Server, Citrix MetaFrame Server and Citrix Presentation Server, XenApp is an application virtualization solution that enables users to connect to their corporate applications from a wide range of computer systems and mobile devices. XenApp hosts applications on central servers and allows users to interact with them remotely or stream and deliver them to user devices for local execution. Citrix Xen App extends Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host desktop sessions and applications to users through the Citrix HDX protocol. XenApp was originally built on top of the Windows Terminal Server platform (which was developed by Citrix in mid 90s).
Citrix XenApp and Remote Desktop Services enable organizations to centrally manage their Windows applications and computing resources in a secure data center, which is especially important for organizations whose operations involve the flow of sensitive data.
As a cross-platform solution, Citrix XenApp enables users to access these applications from anywhere, including non-Windows clients. Here’s how it works: XenApp sessions and applications can be accessed by client devices using a software client Citrix Receiver which is available for a variety of client form factors and operating systems.
HDX protocol provides smooth remote display capabilities, multimedia redirection, USB redirection, and a variety of other capabilities, depending on the client device.
Citrix XenApp direct competitors are Microsoft Terminal Services for Windows Server 2008, Quest Software vWorkspace, Systancia AppliDis Fusion, Spoon Server and Ericom Software WebConnect. Win4Lin Virtual Desktop Server provided similar functionality for serving Windows desktop sessions from Linux servers, while Sun’s application virtualization offering, the Oracle Secure Global Desktop, serves to provide a complete solution allowing for the delivery of both Windows and Unix applications on all major platforms.
Citrix XenApp Certification
Citrix has recently revamped its certification program making its credentials more solution-based and tailored to the current and ever-changing needs of IT professionals and organizations. There are three standard levels proving candidates’ skills and experience required to deliver successful Citrix solutions:
The company offers the credential of CCA for Citrix XenApp for those willing to certify knowledge of Citrix XenApp 6.5 solutions. To attain this certification, candidates need to pass the Basic Administration for XenApp 6.5 exam. IT tests the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and administer Citrix XenApp 6.5 on-demand applications.
The Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration exam is divided into the following sections which can serve as a preparation guide:
So, getting XenApp certified seems like a smart career move for many IT professionals trying to find their high-potential role in medium-and big companies and corporations, since the demand for remote access solutions backed up by the latest functionality and security advances will definitely keep growing.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »