What’s CIW, And Should I Earn A CIW Credential?
CIW (The Certified Internet Web Professional) education program may seem to be outshined by more prominent IT certification brands out there, but it is still valued by IT professionals and employers. To add to its reputation, it’s worth mentioning that CIW is often chosen by colleges and universities worldwide – for the quality of their curriculum and exams. Let’s take a closer look to explore how earning a CIW credential can benefit your career.
What is CIW?
The Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) education program was created by a community of Web designers and developers in the late 1990s and currently offers Web technology education and certification programs for professionals. CIW’s current owner, Certification Partners, offers books, on-line learning and high-stakes exams.
CIW’s unique selling point is the fact that their certification programs are vendor-neutral. Like CompTIA, instead of teaching specific applications, CIW’s program teaches more foundational skills and fosters understanding of underlying processes.
According to CIW, all their certifications are created from objectives suggested by experts who participate in the organization’s advisory council, ensuring that the training match with necessary job skills. CIW has become widely adopted by academic institutions and government organizations – both as a certification provider and as a curriculum publisher.
While CIW covers a wide range of areas, its main focus is on the foundational standards of the Web, including Web design, Web development and Web security. These credentials make their holders’ resumes stand out from the crowd of other Web professionals.
CIW certifications come in four series:
Web Foundations Series consists of three foundational courses and corresponding certification exams that teach and validate crucial web skills, preparing candidates to take the CIW Web Foundations exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Web Foundations Associate certification.
Web Design Series are currently being updated, with the Web Design Specialist and the E-Commerce Specialist courses being expanded into 7 brand new courses, resulting in a complete redesign of the entire CIW Web Design series. For the revised CIW Web Design series, there are seven certifications, with accompanying courses:
Web Development Series
Candidates who pass all three certification exams, achieve the credential of CIW Web Development Professional. With these three disciplines mastered, candidates are able to demonstrate their ability to develop Web programs and applications, and to work with relational databases.
Web Security Series
The CIW Web Security series consists of one CIW course and corresponding CIW certification exam, plus advanced CIW credentials that you can obtain by earning additional certifications from third-party security training providers. Whichever level of expertise you aim for, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the technical skills and knowledge to manage and protect the security of online data, from a single computer to an entire corporate network.
Summing up, if you are a web professional looking to step up your expertise and give your career a boost, CIW certification program may be right for you. And if you came across CIW while being at college, you’re lucky to have found it so early – there is no better time to learn than now!
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »