SQL Server 2014 Upgrade Exams… Upgraded!
Other 2 related exams – 70-457 and 70-458 – which are current upgrade to the MCSA: SQL Server 2012 credential, are staying the same for now.
Yet, back to the 70-459 and 70-460 exams. The amount of changes may seem a bit overwhelming, but if you’ve been keeping track of the latest SQL trends and 2014 news, you pretty much know what to expect. After all, given the level of this certification, candidates supposedly have been in the field long enough. Click here for an outline of SQL Server 2014 points that have been added to the exam blueprint.
For official and detailed information regarding both exams, visit the official website: Exam 70-459. Exam 70-460 – Transition Your MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 to MCSE: Business Intelligence information is available here.
Whether you have started on the path to earning your certification or are just about to begin, folks at Microsoft we recommend that you continue moving forward (and this advice is hard to disagree with!). The good news is, that for the candidates on the way to their SQL Server 2012 certifications, the exams you take now will still count towards your certification. Does this change affect your exam preparation plans?
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Enumeration Tools Part 1
1. Enumeration Tools (OBJ 1.4) Enumeration tools. In this lesson, we’re going to talk about some of the enumeration tools that we’re going to experience as we’re trying to enumerate our networks. Now, what exactly is enumeration? Well, enumeration is the process to identify and scan network ranges and hosts that belong to the target… Read More »
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Vulnerability Scanning Part 3
6. Scheduling and Constraints (OBJ 1.3) Scheduling and constraints. In this lesson, we’re going to talk about scheduling and constraints. So the first question I have for you is, how often should you scan? Well, this is going to be determined based on your internal risk management decisions of your organization. If you have a… Read More »
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Vulnerability Scanning Part 2
4. Scanner Types (OBJ 1.3) Scanner types. In this lesson, we’re going to talk about the different ways you can configure your scanner. Now, different scanners have different capabilities. Some are going to be passive, some are going to be active, and some are going to be active with particular configurations that we’re going to… Read More »
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Vulnerability Scanning Part 1
1. Identifying Vulnerabilities (OBJ 1.3) Identifying vulnerabilities. In this lesson, we’re going to talk about the importance of identifying vulnerabilities. And the way we do this is through a vulnerability assessment. Now, it is really important to identify vulnerabilities so that you can then mitigate those vulnerabilities. Remember, every vulnerability in your system represents a… Read More »
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Mitigating Vulnerabilities Part 2
4. Hardening and Patching (OBJ 1.3) Hardening and patching. In this lesson we’re going to talk about two key terms. And I know I’ve used these words before, but we’ve never really defined them. These are hardening and patching. Now, when I talk about system hardening, this is the process by which a host or… Read More »
CompTIA CYSA+ CS0-002 – Mitigating Vulnerabilities Part 1
1. Mitigating Vulnerabilities (Introduction) In this section of the course, we’re going to cover how to analyze output from vulnerability scanners. We’re going to stay in domain one in this section of the course, but we are going to cover multiple objectives this time, including objective 1213 and one four. Now, objective one two states… Read More »