Have You Heard? Red Hat Changes Certification Program on October 1
Are you a Red Hat certification holder, or plan to become one? Then don’t miss the news below as Red Hat is about to roll out a number of changes to its certification program effective October 1.
The changes cover 3 main aspects: 2 Red Hat credentials are being discontinued; from now on Red Hat Certificates of Expertise will be designated as current and non-current; there will also be more options for earning the RHCA credential. Keep reading to know more.
What is This All About?
Red Hat has decided to seriously revamp its certification program this year. Basically, the company reduces the number of certification titles, making it easier for employers to understand the qualifications and titles they see on the candidate profiles. Needless to say, this is also a good change for certification candidates, since it will be easier for them to come up with their certification strategy and build their career in the long run.
2 Red Hat certifications, Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) and Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS) are being phased out. All RHCSS-related exams have already been discontinued. Instead, Red Hat is expanding more widely-known Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) program and introduces new ways to earn this title.
RH Enterprise Linux 5 Bygone
60 days after the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, all RHCE certifications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 will become non-current, and as a result, they will no longer meet existing RHCSS or RHCDS program requirements. Candidates who have earned RHCSS or RHCDS won’t be able to recertify those credentials. As an alternative, they are welcome to apply their certificates of expertise towards RHCA if they recertify under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or 7.
Holders of the RHCE credential on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 who have also earned RHCSS or RHCDS will continue to hold these credentials until 3 years after the date the last required Red Hat Certificate of Expertise was earned. It will not be possible to recertify as RHCSS or RHCDS, but the relevant Certificates of Expertise can be applied towards RHCA.
RHCEs earned on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and later will not be eligible to earn RHCSS or RHCDS.
RED HAT CERTIFICATES OF EXPERTISE
Starting October 1, Red Hat begins designating Certificates of Expertise as current and non-current. As a result, Red Hat Certificates of Expertise earned on or after October 1, 2014 will be considered current for three (3) years from the date they are earned.
Meanwhile, Red Hat Certificates of Expertise earned before October 1, 2014 will be considered current until October 1, 2017, giving the professionals plenty of time to decide on their future certification options.
Stay tuned for our next post which will include the overview of the new paths to become Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »