New VMware vSphere 6 Credentials: the VCPs
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the new VMware vSphere 6 certification roadmap. Here it is:
So what’s so different about the new vSphere 6 certification roadmap? First of all, it’s the fact that VMware replaces the VMware Certified Advanced Profession (VCAP) with VMware Certified Implementation Expert (VCIX) level. The VCIX level has been first introduced with the NSX and from the vSphere 6 VCAP would be replaced with VCIX.
Furthermore, VMware introduces its first beta exam: vSphere 6 Foundations Beta Exam, which will be associated with the VCP credentials, including VCP6-DCV, VCP6-CMA, VCP6-DTM, VCP6-NV. These certifications also require one more exam each (new exams specially tailored for vSphere 6), however, the new beta version Foundations exam is drawing more attention.
VCP- Level Certifications
Let’s take a closer look at the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certifications. All of them will now have 2 exams:
The Foundation exam covers basic vSphere requirements and validates the basic knowledge and understanding of vSphere 6.
The second, ‘elective’ exams differ depending on the credential and specialization chosen.
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
VMware’s VCP6-DCV credential validates candidates’ skills and capabilities of configuring, administering and scaling a vSphere virtualized data center. VCP6-DCV certification holders are expected to deploy, consolidate, and administer virtualization technologies including vSphere HA and DRS Clusters, storage virtualization using VMFS, Storage DRS and Storage I/O Control, network virtualization using vSphere standard and distributed switches and Network I/O Control, vSphere management using vCenter Server and vRealize Operations Manager Standard, and Virtual Machines.
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Cloud Management and Automation (VCP6-CMA)
VCP6-CMA certification has been designed for candidates looking to validate their skills and experience deploying and configuring vRealize Automation into a vSphere virtualized data center, using vRealize Automation and related technologies to deploy and manage services across a multi-vendor, multi-cloud infrastructure.
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Desktop and Mobility (VCP6-DTM)
VCP6-DTM is checks and validates candidates’ abilities to deploy and configure Horizon with View into a vSphere virtualized data center, and to use View and related technologies to deploy and manage virtual desktops and applications through a single platform.
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV)
VCP6-NV covers and tests every aspect of knowledge candidates need to install, configure, and administer a vSphere data center virtualized with VMware NSX, demonstrating creation and administration of a virtual network including Layer 2 switching and both static and dynamic Layer 3 routing, virtual network devices, and edge services such as DHCP, DNS, and NAT.
Although the certification program has just been rolled out this spring, serious candidates need to start their VMware VCP6 exam preparation. First of all, VMware recommends that candidates have at least 6 months’ experience with vSphere 6. This isn’t required, and you can take required courses and exams any time, this requirement demonstrates that candidates are expected to be fully proficient in vSphere 6. If you’re unsure of how the new vSphere 6 differs from vSphere 5, check out this post or consider taking this brief course (also recommended by VMware as an upgrade option to vSphere 6 certifications).
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »