CompTIA’s NEW CASP Exam is Here!
Are you planning to take CompTIA’s Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exam this year? Then you should be preparing for the new CASP since CompTIA has recently announced the updates to this exam. The new version of CASP exam has the CS-002 code. The old exam CAS-001 will retire on June 20, 2015. Although it may seem like you still have time, we recommend that you switch to preparing for the new exam.
For those of our readers who are new to CompTIA certification program, CASP is an advanced level exam that validates candidates’ full competency and skills in IT security. According to CompTIA, the new version of the exam addresses the latest enterprise-level cybersecurity threats. The exam ensures that the new CASP credential holders can effectively combat the growing threat of malware coming from individual hackers and well as from organized hacking groups. The new CASP version also covers the troubleshooting processes security professionals rely on to keep data, devices and networks secure.
Needless to say that while the old CASP exam wasn’t a piece of cake, the new one will be even more challenging. “Each hack is unique,” noted James Stanger, senior director, product development, CompTIA. ”It takes technical knowledge and creativity to combat these threats. These advanced skills are assessed in the CASP exam.”
The CASP certification exam validates competency in enterprise security; risk management; incident response; research and analysis; integration of computing, communications and business disciplines; and technical integration of enterprise components.
CASP exam targets IT professionals with at least 10 years’ experience in IT administration and five years hands-on technical security experience in job roles such as information security analyst, security architect, cybersecurity risk manager and cybersecurity risk analyst. The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exam is an internationally targeted validation of advanced level security skills and knowledge. While there is no formal prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus at the enterprise level.
The exam does not exceed 80 questions and is fully performance based. CASP CAS-002 exam objectives include:
For a full list of CASP exa, objectives and subtopics, please refer to CompTIA website.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »