You may have heard the recent news of TIBCO retiring its Enterprise Message Service™ 7 exam (TB0-125) on May 15, 2014. Its replacement was released 2 days later, on May 16, branded as TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 exam (TB0-126). Before we look into the details of the new exam, let’s have a quick overview of TIBCO and its certification program, since we’ve received a few questions about it recently.
Light on TIBCO
TIBCO is an American software company, based in Palo Alto, California (yes, another one from the Silicon Valley). TIBCO provides software for companies to use on-premises or as part of cloud computing environments to manage information, decisions, processes and applications, and the company’s market capitalization reportedly exceeds $5 billion.
Founded in 1997, TIBCO specializes in infrastructure software that primarily focuses on real-time communication for B2B, B2C and B2E data transfers, including facilitation of communication between otherwise incompatible software. TIBCO’s most popular products are TIBCO ActiveMatrix, TIBCO ActiveSpaces Datagrid, TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service ,TIBCO FTL, TIBCO LogLogic, TIBCO MDM, TIBCO Rendezvous, TIBCO Silver, TIBCO Spotfire, TIBCO tibbr, TIBCO TopLink.
TIBCO Certification Program
TIBCO Certifications validate holders’ competency in design, development, deployment, and administration of TIBCO’s application and infrastructure technologies. TIBCO certification path consists of three levels:
- TTP – TIBCO Trained Professional
- TCP – TIBCO Certified Professional
- TCA – TIBCO Certified Architect
To become TTP, a candidate needs to meet relatively simple requirements:
- To have attended TIBCO training
- Passed online Knowledge Assessment
- Available for most TIBCO courses
The next credential, TCP (TIBCO Certified Professional) has a number of corresponding exams:
- NEW: TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 exam (NEW)
- Architecting Complex-Event Processing Solutions with TIBCO
- Architecting Composite Applications and Services with TIBCO
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 5
- TIBCO Rendezvous® 8
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix® BPM Solution Design
- TIBCO BusinessEvents® 5
- TIBCO® MDM 8
NEW: TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 Exam
The New TB0-126 exam consists of 64 questions which candidates need to answer within 90 minutes. To pass it, the minimum passing score of 62% has to be reached. TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ 8 exam validates the skills necessary to develop and administer a TIBCO Enterprise Message Service 8 messaging solution of average complexity with minimal supervision or assistance. Successful candidates should be able to identify the key architectural features and the role Enterprise Message Service fills in a messaging solution. Supplied with the required configuration details, a qualified candidate will be able to develop simple Enterprise Message Service applications, manage an Enterprise Message Service installation and understand its capabilities.
TIBCO recommends that candidates have one year of Enterprise Application Integration development experience with solid working knowledge of Windows or Unix, Networking (TCP/IP, Multicast), SSL, JNDI, exposure to Message Oriented Middleware, C, C# or Java coding ability, Oracle JMS Specification 1.1, and general experience with databases.
According to TIBCO official website, TB0-126 exam topics and objectives are as follows (please visit TIBCO official website for details):
- Architecture and Design
- Destination Bridging
- Naming Services
- Load Balancing
- Performance Tuning
- Data Store
- Application Development
- Programming Model
As part of exam preparation, TIBCO recommends the following reading and reference resources:
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service: User’s Guide, Central Administration, and Installation and Configuration
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service Appliance Standard Edition: Installation and Reference
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service Central Administration: Concepts, Configuration and Deployment, and Installation
- Documentation for TIBCO products available through the TIBCO Product Documention site.