Top 5 Jobs IT Certifications Can Help You Get – And Where You Should Start
When it comes to mapping out your IT career, choosing a certification usually goes hand in hand to evaluating what your next career move would be. So, if you are both IT certification hunting and job hunting, take a look at the 5 jobs IT certifications are sure to help you get (and yes, we tell you WHICH certifications!)
5. Desktop Support
These entry-level positions usually require the CompTIA A+ Certification, which validates your knowledge and skills in the fundamentals of computer systems repair and maintenance. And, of all the big certification names out there, the A+ is the simplest to get, as you can be ready for the exam in a matter of few months.
4. Network Administrators
The next step up from desktop support is network administration, which requires one or more networking certifications. Network administrators maintain and troubleshoot computer networks and must hold the CompTIA Network+™ certification. As networking is a big employment area these days, it is definitely worth taking a closer look.
Another certification option would be Cisco’s CCNA Routing and Switching (R&S) certification. However, don’t be fooled by the word ‘associate’ in the title – this Cisco certification is considered to be the most challenging one at this level. You may also want to read our comparison of CompTIA Network+ and CCNA R&S here.
The rise of cloud computing networks — which allow storage, management and processing of data over the Internet rather than via local servers housed and maintained on-site — has led creation of a number of cloud computing certifications. CompTIA’s latest Cloud+ certification is a great place to start!
Later, you can move on to new senior-level networking certifications like the Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Private Cloud. This certification requires passing multiple exams after months of intense study — either independently or through classes.
If you choose the career in the cloud computing, the MCSE Private Cloud should definitely be something to strive for.
2.Software Developer – Desktop or Mobile
If you want to get into programming, you’ll need the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification to develop apps for the Windows operating
system, the web and mobile technologies. Like other Microsoft certifications, this one requires coursework and an exam.
Also, with Microsoft’s last year’s venture in the mobile computing and mobile app development (purchasing Nokia and stepping up Windows Phone), looking into becoming certified Microsoft Windows Phone developer looks like a very sensible option. Also, do take a look at CompTIA’s new Mobility+ certification.
With the rise of hacking, identity theft and even cyberespionage, cybersecurity positions are emerging in criminal justice, at major corporations and in the federal government. CompTIA offers a good start with its Security+ certification. As you progress to higher level jobs, many of them will require the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification, which involves five years of information security experience and passing a challenging exam.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »