The Year In Review: Best Paid IT Certifications of 2013
As the year2013 is coming to its end, we look back at the figures and trends of IT certifications it brought us. Certainly, we can’t help looking at the best paid IT certifications. Keep in mind that these figures aren’t everything you need to know (sometimes it’s not about the money, it’s about the potential of your entry level certification and what it can turn into in a matter of 2 years), but why not take a look. This list is based on the survey data from Global Knowledge. Do remember that this data is for the US, and even there it differs based on location, employer, experience and other factors, pure luck notwithstanding:
So, the above figures are what certification holders have reported to be making this year. And here’s another set of certifications, which Techrepublic had projected in the beginning of the 2013:
Now, what conclusions can we draw out of 2013?
First of all, ITIL, CISSP, PMP, fancy upper level Microsoft certifications and cloud-based certifications are definitely worth looking into. If you are building your Cisco career, be prepared that your hard-earned CCNA certification won’t pay as high as you could hope for. Yet, your salary will grow as you keep moving up the Cisco ladder. And, given the fact that Cisco has given a massive revamp its certifications this year and stepped up the CCENT/CCNA exam difficulty, we expect the salary level for these candidates to grow next year.
If you are looking at these certifications and paths trying to figure out the direction to take your IT career in 2014, we suggest that besides looking at figures and trends (which are no doubt important), you listen to yourself and do your best focusing on something you really like, the area that is close to your heart and your mindset. And may this be our wish to you for 2014 and beyond:
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »