8 Important Certifications to Start Your IT Career
The IT certifications are designed to validate your skills and knowledge in a specific area. With a credential, you can easily boost your career and earn a potential in the Information Technology industry. If you are a beginner in the IT field, earning a certificate is a sure way to set yourself apart from your contemporaries in the field. This is because the credentials usually make up for your lack of experience in the industry.
In this blog article, you will explore the variety of certifications that you can pursue to enhance your chance of landing your dream job in the IT realm.
The CCT credential validates the candidate’s ability to diagnose, replace, repair, and restore crucial system devices and Cisco networking on the users’ sites. Under this certification, there are two paths: Routing & Switching and Data Center. The CCT Routing & Switching certificate focuses on on-site maintenance and support of Cisco routers, switches, as well as operating environment. It is aimed at on-site technical support personnel and other individuals working with Cisco Data Center Solutions. To take the certification exam, it is recommended that you go through the training course to get prepared for the task. You might consider an online self-paced course that covers Cisco router and switch models, networking fundamentals, Cisco command-line interface, and Cisco IOS software operating modes.
The CCT Data Center certification, on the other hand, covers maintenance and support of the Cisco Unified Computing (CUC) server and systems. It is aimed at the professionals looking to take up the role as a field support engineer in order to work with the Cisco data center system devices and software. To pass the exam, the students should take the training course as recommended by Cisco. This course covers field servicing & equipment, data center networking fundamentals, identifying the Cisco Unified Computing system component models, interfaces and accessories cabling.
The Cisco CCENT credential is an entry-level certification designed to validate the skills and knowledge of a candidate in installing, troubleshooting, and operating a small enterprise branch network. This certificate is a great place to begin your career journey if you want to be a network supporter. Those applicants who are pursuing this credential are required to go through the training course (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 – ICND1) in order to pass the exam. You can take an online or in-person version of this training. It is a five-day intensive course that focuses on firewalls, wireless controllers, access points, and basic network security.
The Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching certification is a great option for those individuals who want to take up a job role in networking. It is also an excellent option for those who want to take up an entry-level role in the help desk. The exam validates the candidate’s ability to recognize Cisco router & switch models, cabling, interfaces, and accessories. It is essential that you develop skills and knowledge in Cisco CLI and Cisco IOS software operating modes. Before you attempt the certification test, it is recommended to take the training course, Supporting Cisco Routing & Switching Network Devices. This is a self-paced online course that covers a wide range of topics on the exam objectives.
This is also an entry-level credential focusing on networking concepts, tools and security, IT infrastructure, operations, and troubleshooting. The certificate is aimed at junior network administrators, junior system engineers, network field engineers, IS consultants, and network field technicians. The certification exam is designed to validate the student’s skills and knowledge in managing, maintaining, and configuring network devices, designing and implementing functional networks, network security, and network troubleshooting. Those individuals who want to work in the IT network should consider this entry-level credential.
This CompTIA credential is designed for the individuals who want to start a career in the field of IT or for those who want to change their career path. The certification exam is aimed at validating your basic knowledge of IT and providing you with a good foundation to build your career on. The test covers a wide range of topics, including networks, IT concepts & terminology, infrastructure, applications & software, database fundamentals, software development, and security. The IT Fundamentals+ certificate is a good place to start if you want to walk down the CompTIA path. It is essential to mention that it is not a prerequisite for the other CompTIA credentials.
The knowledge of the IT technology is crucial to any role you want to take up in the industry. Therefore, earning a security credential like CompTIA Security+ as an entry-level professional is a great start. It is perfect for the individuals planning to land a job as security/system/network administrators, junior IT auditors, security engineers, security specialists, and security consultants. The certificate validates that you have the skills required to install, configure, and troubleshoot systems to keep networks, devices, and application secure in line with compliance laws. The certification exam focuses on threats, vulnerabilities, attacks, risk management, technology & tools, architecture & design, cryptography & PKI, and identity & access management.
The Microsoft MCSA certification path is also a good way to start your IT career. It covers the creation and design of technology solutions across the software suites and services of Microsoft. You don’t need to fulfill any prerequisite to attempt the required exams. However, the certification test is obligatory to some other Microsoft certificates, such as MCSE, MCSD, and MCT.
The CAPM certification is a globally recognized credential aimed at those individuals who want to take up the position in project management. The certificate is offered by the PMI. Before you attempt the relevant exam, you are required to have completed 23 hours of project management education. You can achieve this program by going through the Project Management Basics training course administered by the PMI. The course covers the basic skills required to function optimally in an IT project management role.
Whether you were thinking about changing your current job and moving to the IT sphere or you have already chosen your path in the industry, you should consider at least one of the above certifications. Any of the mentioned credentials will definitely help you make the right start and boost you far ahead in your career. Don’t hesitate and take your chance of changing the future.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »