The 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam is one of the most googled Microsoft exams this year. This is a required exam for MCSA and MCSE credentials, and it has faced some crucial updates earlier this year.
This exam validates your ability to implement and configure Windows Server 2012 core services, such as Active Directory and the networking services. Passing this exam along with the other two exams confirms that a candidate has the skills and knowledge necessary for implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Install and configure servers (15–20%)
- Configure server roles and features (15–20%)
- Configure Hyper-V (15–20%)
- Deploy and configure core network services (15–20%)
- Install and administer Active Directory (15–20%)
- Create and manage Group Policy (15–20%)
In January 2014, Microsoft updated this exam to include content covering Windows Server 2012 R2. While publishing houses and tech writers hurried up to publish new books for The 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 exam (there is a tendency to add R2 to this exam after the update), many potential exam candidates were left wondering how significant the update was, and how much different the exam had become.
The truth is, yes, the updates are significant, and ignoring them is a sure way to fail the 70-410 exam. Yet, is you have been using the old exam blueprint to study for the 70-410, here’s what has been added to some exam sections:
Install and configure servers (15–20%)
- Configure servers: Install and configure Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Configure local storage: Create storage pools by using disk enclosures
Configure server roles and features (17%)
- Configure file and share access: Create and configure Work Folders
- Configure servers for remote management: Manage non-domain joined servers
Configure Hyper-V (15–20%)
- Create and configure virtual machine settings: Create and configure Generation 1 and 2virtual machines; configure and use enhanced session mode
- Create and configure virtual machine storage: Manage checkpoints; configure storage Quality of Service (QoS)
- Create and configure virtual networks: Configure network interface card (NIC) teaming in virtual machines
Install and administer Active Directory (14%)
- Install domain controllers: Deploy Active Directory infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in Windows Azure
This is the summary of the R2 updates to Microsoft 70-410 exam. Is it a lot to master? It may be, but making an effort and mastering these sections will sure be useful as putting this exam on your resume will definitely boost your career potential. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts.