Cisco Introduces Cybersecurity Specialist Certification
Last week, Cisco announced the launch of the new Cybersecurity Specialist Certification. It fits in with the latest trend of stepping up the security in the constantly changing and developing cyberspace.
This is a Specialist-level certification that recognizes security professionals who have achieved in-depth expertise and proven knowledge in the essential areas of proactive cyber-threat detection and mitigation.
Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist Certification targets security analysts and focuses on the topics of event monitoring, security events, alarm and traffic analysis, as well as incident response.
To be eligible for this certification, candidates need to hold valid Cisco CCNA Security or any Cisco CCIE certification. They need to be comfortable using basic Cisco IOS® Software switch and have solid router configuration skills
Besides meeting the prerequisites, candidates need to pass the 600-199 (SCYBER) exam – Securing Cisco Networks with Threat Detection and Analysis.
This is a 1.5-hour exam with 50−60 queries. It tests candidates’ knowledge and skills required to proactively detect and mitigate network security threats by leveraging features that exist in Cisco and other industry network security products today. The exam covers essential areas of competency including event monitoring, security event/alarm/traffic analysis, and incident response.
According to Cisco, 600-199 exam topics include (Detailed list is available here):
The exam is closed book and no outside reference materials are allowed, yet we expect some useful information from our online community pretty soon.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »