Apple Makes iOS Development Cool Again With the Upcoming iOS 8
Apple strives to make mobile development for iOS cool again as the company has recently previewed its new iOS 8, expected to be out this fall. And while regular users will have to wait until the release, developers have already gotten their hands on the latest and newest mobile operating system from Apple.
So far, everyone’s been raving about the new possibilities of iOS 8, especially the functionality it allows for developers in terms on bringing in advanced app features, and added functionality between the device hardware and third party applications. So, if you are contemplating your mobile development career path, the new iOS is definitely worth taking a closer look. Besides the strong brand, marketing and everything Apple has to offer, the new operating system may just be more fun to work with!
What makes the new iOS 8 so attractive for developers?
Presented at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference 2014 (WWDC 2014), the new iOS 8 has left developers raving about its advanced flexibility and the possibilities it allows for the apps. For the first time ever, Apple welcomes third-party onscreen keyboards. iOS 8 also lets widgets into the notification center, and gives media apps greater access to the device’s camera. Apple has even come up with its own programming language, Swift, developed for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, which tremendously expands the horizon for iOS developers, allowing for faster app performance and more complex features.
Apple has also introduced HomeKit and HealthKit — APIs that will better work with home automation devices and with health and fitness trackers.
So what does it mean? Obviously Apple is trying to fight Android as the most popular mobile operating system that offers excellent flexibility. And, while the map of Android certifications for developers remains unchanged , we expect the updates to certification programs that touch iOS development.
Should I get certified for iOS development this summer or should I wait for the updated credentials to be released?
If you’ve been planning to obtain your credential this summer, we frankly see no point in waiting. Mobile app development is an exciting career, with professionals reaping some $100,000 salaries in the United States. We recommend that you explore CompTIA’s Mobility+ and Mobile App Security+ credentials, as well as IBM’s mobile development certification. All of them have options for Android and iOS developers, so you can choose whatever platform you want to focus on. And do keep your eyes peeled for new Apple certifications, since we expect the new ones to come out by the end of the year.
Planning to get certified soon? Explore mobile development certification braindumps in our IT Certification community!
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »