Amazon AWS Certified Database – Specialty Exam Announcement: Key Points to Know
Amazon Web Services recently made an announcement that it will soon be launching the beta exam version for the AWS Certified Database test of the Specialty level. The launch will take place on December 2, 2019. This announcement is one of the most important of the upcoming Amazon Web Services certification exam changes.
The code of this new exam is DBS-C01. It is created for those IT professionals who are involved in the roles focused on databases. The test will measure the candidates’ broad understanding of databases. The DBS-C01 exam will also evaluate one’s knowledge of access, design, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, migration, automation, deployment, and security. Before the new exam goes to the public, the beta version will actually test its outline. The interesting thing is that it is available now for the candidates at a 50% discount.
Let’s find out what information is available about this new AWS test.
Potential candidates for the beta exam
The new certification that AWS has announced can help you obtain the AWS Certified Database – Specialty credential. Nevertheless, you should first find out whether you are actually suitable for the role of an Amazon Web Services Database Specialist or not. There are no official prerequisites for attempting this certificate. While this is great for the students’ flexibility, you should not take the recommended experience and knowledge for granted.
While these entries are not the mandatory requirements to attempt the new AWS Certified Database – Specialty exam, the following points of experience and knowledge can significantly increase your chances of passing this test on your first try. Please take a look at them:
Key details of the beta exam
The information and details on the newly announced AWS beta exam can be found on the official Amazon website. The beta version will we available from December 2, 2019 to January 10, 2020.
It’s worth noting that the registration for this exam will stay open only for a certain period of time. So, it’s available that you register for it immediately after opening this process. This is due to the fact that registration usually stops immediately when the AWS tools obtain adequate statistical information about the exam outline.
The recently announced DBS-C01 exam will evaluate the candidates’ knowledge and skills in various areas:
Topics to cover for the exam
The AWS Certified Database – Specialty certification exam is totally new. The beta test will cover various domains:
In this topic, you need to know a thing or two about the appropriate selection of database services for certain workloads and data. You also should have knowledge of developing database solutions in terms of scalability, performance, and compliance, as well as comparing the cost of these solutions.
For this subject, you need to master the knowledge of data encryption in transit and at rest, assessment of audit decisions, search for possible security vulnerabilities, identification of authentication and access control mechanisms.
This exam objective has several subtopics to learn that include optimization of database performance, determination of monitoring and alerting strategies, and troubleshooting database issues.
Here, you need to have skills and knowledge of managing the operational environment and determining backup & restore strategies, as well as maintenance processes & tasks.
You need to know everything about migration and all the processes of execution and verification of data. Moreover, it is important to understand how to determine these strategies and automate the deployment of database solutions.
Format and process of registration for the exam
Regarding the format of the beta test, there will be multiple-response and multiple-choice questions. Those candidates who pass the beta version can become an AWS Certified Database Specialist. The beta exam is available at a discounted rate of $150. To pass it, you need to get at least 750 points The students will receive their scores within 90 days of passing the test. After receiving your certification, it will be valid for 3 years.
It is very simple to register for this exam. Here is how to do it:
Preparation tips for the exam
The candidates are advised to focus on the correct guide for the AWS Certified Database – Specialty exam. The right manual can take the form of specific steps to comprehensively prepare for the test, exactly like the ones highlighted below:
Anyone who aspires to have the AWS Certified Database – Specialty certification should start focusing on practical experience with Amazon Web Services and database technologies because its exam focuses on the basics of database technologies and applications in the AWS landscape.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »