Your Career Can Thrive in 2020 with Top 8 Cybersecurity Certifications
The companies today have realized the importance of cybersecurity but there are still many of them that are looking for those professionals who can deal with such threats. Any business owner who wants to make sure that his/her firm is safe from all cyberattacks should have the right people for the job. This is where the cybersecurity certifications come into play. If you have one under your belt, it will make it easier for you to get a job in this sector. There are so many credentials that we can list here, but we are just going to focus on the top cybersecurity certificates that you can obtain right now.
1. Certified Cloud Security Professional – CCSP
One of the first cybersecurity certifications that you need to know about is Certified Cloud Security Professional or CCSP. It is offered by (ISC)2 and is aimed at the medium- and advanced-level cybersecurity specialists. So, if you are thinking about going for this credential, you should make sure that you have some kind of cybersecurity experience beforehand. Earning this certificate will require a lot of commitment and hard work so make sure that you are up for it. Studying for (ISC)2 CCSP is going to be pretty straightforward because you can find resources from almost anywhere. This certification is ideal for those individuals who are in the positions of a Security Manager, an Enterprise Architect, a Systems Architect, a Security Administrator, and others.
2. Offensive Security Certified Professional – OSCP
Next on the list, we have the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) credential that is all about the skills required for understanding the lifecycle and penetration testing process. The certificate is offered by the Offensive Security Organization and is the ethical hacking badge. If you obtain it, you will have the ability to perform attacks and keep them under control to identify vulnerabilities in the system. An individual who has earned this credential can be an invaluable asset to any company.
3. GIAC Security Essentials – GSEC
This cybersecurity certificate is offered by GIAC. It is an entry-level credential that is designed specifically to enable the candidates to understand information security concepts and terminologies. If you can get the GSEC badge, this means that you have the knowledge and technical skills in different areas that include protection against wireless attacks, access authentication, password management, access control, cryptography fundamentals, network protocols, and more. Even though it is an entry-level certification, this doesn’t mean that earning it will be easy. You will need to work hard and study properly.
CompTIA is one of the most popular certification vendors in the IT industry. It is a non-profit organization and that is what makes it extra special. There are so many credentials that it offers and one of the most sought-after is Security+. Our list of the best cybersecurity certificates would not be complete without mentioning this badge. Anyone who holds it is believed to be equipped with expert knowledge and high-technical skills related to cybersecurity. One thing that sets CompTIA Security+ apart from its competitors is that it has been approved by the United States Department of Defense.
5. Certified Information Security Manager – CISM
Those individuals who have earned the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) credential are normally responsible for managing, overseeing, and developing information security systems for different applications. It is also the task of any CISM to develop the best security procedures for the organization. The certification was introduced by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association in 2003 and since then it has been helping many specialists. If you are interested in cybersecurity and are unable to find the perfect certificate for your talents, you should consider going for this one. Obtaining it will also make it easier for you to get a better job.
6. Certified Ethical Hacker – CEH
The next certification we want to mention is EC-Council CEH. The specialists who hold this credential are skilled enough to protect the system from attacks and hackers. CEH stands for Certified Ethical Hacker, and if you don’t know, these are the individuals who try to simulate attacks on a network and hack it to expose vulnerabilities that might be exploited by an unauthorized hacker. The organizations today want someone to catch vulnerabilities in their systems early so that they may take steps to keep their servers secure. CEH is a core-level badge, so if you want to get it, you need to have a little experience with networking technologies beforehand. Anyone who has obtained this certificate is expected to be skilled in many areas, such as social engineering, enumeration, DOS attacks, system hacking, Trojans, SQL injection, and more.
7. Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP
Getting to the end of this list we have CISSP, which is also offered by (ISC)2 and is an advanced-level certificate. It is globally recognized and anyone who has earned this credential is expected to possess the skills needed to develop and manage security standards and procedures in the company.
8. Certified Information Security Auditor – CISA
This is another credential that is globally recognized and considered the gold standard when it comes to the top cybersecurity certifications. It is ideal for the IT professionals who are trying to gain experience in audit control and assurance along with information security. To get this badge, you will have to pass one exam and also possess at least one year of experience.
These were some of the sought-after cybersecurity certificates you need to know about. Cybersecurity is a serious IT domain and every company must take the right steps to keep it safe. If you don’t care about it, you can be on the verge of losing all your precious data to the hackers. But if you can obtain any of the certifications mentioned above, you can open so many doors for your career. The main cybersecurity titles that are popular in the job market today are Cybersecurity Analysts, Cybersecurity Engineers, Systems Administrators, Systems Engineers, and more. So if you want to get one of them, earn a credential!
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »