Recently Cisco has announced the release of a new framework to meet business needs and keep up with technology updates. This framework will focus on adding new “Evolving Technologies” part to Cisco Expert level Certification programs like CCIE and CCDE. The new section will be added to all written certification exams, while lab exams will not be changed. Evolving technologies section will include hot topics like iOT, Cloud and Network Programmability and it will cover 10% of overall exam curriculum, while remaining 90% will be combined from the core technologies queries.
The new “Evolving Technologies” exam section will include three parts and five tasks in total and it will be refreshed with new and emerging technologies every time they appear and accepted by the industry:
- Cloud – with two subdomain topics such as “Cloud deployment models” and “Cloud implementations and operations”.
- Network Programmability – will include two subdomains: “Functional elements of network programmability (SDN)” and “Virtualization and automation in network environments”.
- Internet of Things – with one subtopic called “Architectural framework and deployment considerations for Internet of Things (IoT)”.
New written exams for CCIE and CCDE programs with “Evolving Technologies” topic in them will become available starting from July 25th, 2016. Candidates will have to prepare for the updated credentials using recalibrated exam versions X.1 as you can see below:
If you are planning to take the Cisco Expert level exam before July 25th, you should continue to prepare for it based on the existing exam topics versions X.0. However when “Evolving Technologies” Section will be applied to the exams, their numbers, formats and duration will remain unchanged.
Firstly “Evolving Technologies” section will be added to CCIE Data Center v2.0 track while remaining expert-level programs will be updated with new modular and unified exam topics within their normal revision.
Below you can find detailed study guide for the preparation on new “Emerging Technologies” topic: Evolving Technologies Study Resources
So you already can schedule your unified written exam starting from July 25th of 2016. All written Expert Level Cisco Exams are administered in Pearson VUE testing centers and you can schedule and pay for the upcoming exam on the official Pearson VUE website.
Written exams are two hours long and consist of 90-110 queries multiple-choice and simulation queries, the candidates are not allowed to use any reference materials while sitting for the exams.
Lab or Practical Expert level exams are usually up to 9 hours long and their format depends on the certification track you choose. You can find detailed information on every CCIE and CCDE exam composition on CISCO Expert Certifications Official Page.
As for prep materials we suggest you to check for FREE Exam practice tests on ExamCollection website, the largest database of FREE IT Certification Exams. Simply check out the links below: