Amazon AWS Certified Developer Associate – The Exam
1. What to expect?
The exam. So we’ll just go through the exam in terms of an overview. It’s 80 minutes in length. It’s 55 questions in the exam. The cost of the exam is $150 for the registration fee. It’s conducted online at an approved center and it’s available in English, Japanese, Simplified, Chinese, Korean, and French. You need to register online with a web assessor and you do that through web assessor. com. When taking the exam at a testing center, you need to be 15 minutes early and provide the test taker with the authorization code. So you’re going to need this authorization code, which you will get emailed to you in order to take the assessment. So don’t forget to bring that along.
I normally just get it emailed to my phone and then I’ve got it on my phone. But you can also print it out and bring it along. You’re going to need to provide the examiner with two forms of identification. One must be a photo government issued ID, and then secondary ID would be something like a credit card, a bank debit card. You can use your employee ID card.
You can’t come in and use a Social Security card or a National Insurance card if you’re in the UK or a Medicare card, potentially if you’re in Australia. So do make sure that you bring along just a bank card and your photo ID. And if you need to reschedule the exam, you need to do it within 72 hours before a 72 hours period is up. So you need to give them at least 72 hours notice. If you don’t do that, you’re going to incur a penalty.
I think it’s normally 50% of the exam fee, so it would be about $75. And that’s the email address that you use to notify the examiner if you need to reschedule. One last thing that we haven’t mentioned is what the pass mark is. And believe it or not, it’s actually not actually published. And that’s because it can change. I have known people to pass the exam with 65%. I think I got 80, 75, or 80% when I did the exam. But I didn’t even study for the exam. I just did the Solutions Architect course and went along to the developer exam and managed to wing it.
So you can see how incredibly similar the Solutions Architect exam is to the developer exam. So aim for the higher you get, the better. Please let me know if you do pass and send me a message, I’d be really interested to know. Likewise, if you don’t pass, please let me know. And let me know why you think you didn’t pass, what was missing from the course. And you’re only going to make the course better for other people that way because I will add updated lectures to make sure that as many of my students as possible pass. Okay? So if you have any questions about the exam, please let me know. But if not feel free to move on to the final lecture. Thank you.
5. Exam Preparation – Domain 4 Hey everyone and welcome back. In today’s video we will be discussing about the important pointers for exams for domain four. So the first thing here is that you should know about tagging strategies, about resource groups, about the EC to pricing models here then the overview about S… Read More »
4. Exam Preparation – Domain 3 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video for important pointers for exams our focus would be on domain three. So the domain three is migration planning and it constitutes to be 15% of the examination. So let’s get started and see what are some of the important… Read More »
3. Exam Preparation Part 02 – Domain 2 Hey everyone, and welcome back. Now, in today’s video, we will be continuing our journey, understanding some of the important pointers for exams for domain two. As we have discussed, even in the earlier video, be aware about the distinction on which use cases where DynamoDB would… Read More »
2. Exam Preparation Part 01 – Domain 2 Hey everyone and welcome back in today’s video for important pointers. For exam, our focus would be on domain two. Now the domain two, which is designed for new solutions is one of the largest domains of this certification both in terms of the number of topics… Read More »
1. Exam Preparation – Domain 1 Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in today’s video we will be discussing about some of the important pointers for exam as far as the domain one is concerned. Now the domain one is basically designed for organizational complexity and it constitutes to be twelve 5% of the overall… Read More »
69. Building the function for our API Hey everyone and welcome back. Now in the earlier lecture we discussed that there are two important components that we need. The first is the function and second is the API. So what we’ll be doing today is we will be creating a function after function is created.… Read More »